Fortunately for those who want to learn how to astral project, there are a number of techniques which can help. Of course, even though one technique may work for someone, that doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for everyone, because after all, we are all unique individuals. Interestingly enough, the vast majority of people who experience difficulty with some of the techniques, do so simply because there are unable to relax sufficiently.
The bottom line is; irrespective of which astral projection techniques you choose to use, absolute relaxation is crucial. Unfortunately, many people who are new to astral projection have difficulty relaxing mainly because of unfounded fears. For the most part, these fears are a result of false rumors, claiming that it’s possible for one to be harmed while astral projecting. Luckily, the Canterbury Institute conducted thorough research regarding this, in an attempt to put an end to such misconceptions.
With 2,000 participants, all of whom participated in astral projection, the Canterbury institute determined that not even one person suffered any harm. Furthermore, all participants were then monitored for a period of three years and during this time none of them came forward with any complaints or reports of problems.
Now that we’ve nipped the fear issue in the bud, let’s take a look at a few of the astral projection techniques, all of which have helped a great number of people in the past. The good news is; all these techniques are also relatively easy. The first technique which we’ll discuss is known as the Monroe Technique and it consists of seven main steps:
* Relaxing mind and body. The simplest way to achieve this is by practicing deep breathing, in addition to relaxing all the muscles of the body one at a time. You can do this by tensing and then the releasing them, starting with your toes and then working your way up through the rest of your body.
* Reaching a hypnotic state. Essentially you need to reach a point where your mind and body is just on the verge of going to sleep, although of course you don’t want to actually fall asleep. This can be achieved by using the gazing method. Simply lie on your bed and begin staring at something until such time that your eyes close and yet you’re still able to see the object.
* Once you reach a stage where you can still see the object even though your eyes are closed, you then need to deepen the state you’re in. In order to do this, you should keep your eyes closed and start looking around, taking note of all the things you can see. During this stage it is not uncommon to see various light patterns and a purple glow. However, one shouldn’t pay too much attention to this but instead, one should stay focused until such time that the light disappears. Once you no longer see the light you will have moved into a deeper state of relaxation. By this stage you mind and body is so relaxed that you will more than likely no longer be aware of your physical body.
* This next step which revolves around a state of vibration is extremely important according to Monroe. Also, most people who are involved with the actual projection to indicate that these vibrations become noticeable in the early stages of projection. In fact, it is said that these vibrations signal the time when your astral body begins to separate from your physical body. This is a perfectly normal phenomenon and as such, there is no reason for concern.
* Controlling the state of vibration. In order to do this one needs to focus on the vibrations and attempt to move them through your body. In other words you should aim to feel these vibrations throughout your body. When you reach this stage it should feel almost as if there are waves washing over you, but it is important that you continue practicing until such time that you can bring this on at will. When you reach a point where you can bring on these waves whenever you wish, then you’re at a stage when you’re ready to leave your physical body.
* It is undeniable that the key to successful astral projection and astral travel lies in having control, in that it’s your mind which has the power. In fact, Monroe actually recommends that you practice partial separation in order to strengthen your level control. While maintaining focus on the concept of leaving your physical body, one should first only allow a hand or foot to separate. When you can do this you should go ahead and attempt to stretch them towards an object nearby, whether you choose the wall, the ceiling, or even a random item in the room. If you manage to do this successfully then you should allow your hand or foot to return to your physical body. Now go ahead and begin slowing down the vibrations in order to bring your session to an end.
* This last step is where you actually get to leave your physical body. Once again, you can follow all the previous steps but now, rather than only allowing a hand or foot to leave from the physical body, you’re going to allow complete separation. In order to do this, you need to focus on just how weightless your body really is. In fact you can even try to imagine that your body is made up of feathers which are being blown around by the wind. At this point, your astral body should be starting to leave your physical body and this will become apparent as you begin to feel as though you are floating.
Other methods and techniques include the Anchor Technique, the Gazing Method, and the Rope Technique. Ultimately, one should be willing to try the various techniques in order to establish which one works best for you, because you can be rest assured that everyone can find a technique which works for them.
What you do need to bear in mind however, is that not everyone can astral project immediately simply by using one of the techniques mentioned above, because after all, it does take practice.
For those who don’t necessarily have the luxury of time, modern sound technology has provided us with a rather impressive shortcut. This shortcut makes use of different sound frequencies known as binaural beats, in order to induce a meditative state of mind which is ideal for those wanting to practice astral projection. Essentially, when these beats are played into each ear, it results in the two hemispheres of the brain becoming synchronized, and a meditative state follows almost instantaneously.
One can also opt for hypnosis recordings which have been designed to assist those interested in astral projection. These aim to reassure ones subconscious mind that it’s perfectly acceptable for one to leave ones physical body.
Irrespective of what anyone may have told you in the past, astral projection is without a doubt a life changing experience, and the good news is, anyone can do it simply by using the techniques mentioned in this article.
Carl J Wilkins is a writer for the http://www.astralprojectiontravel.com website. You can enjoy the incredible experience of astral projection for yourself and get twenty nine Free astral projection techniques Audios when you visit here.