The crazy answer is yes. Solid research has clearly shown a link between work conditions and weight gain. Thus, your job could be the source of your upper arm fat.
How do we know? Because of the Whitehall studies conducted in Britain. You see, everyone in Britain has access to the same healthcare. So these studies showed that it was work conditions that led to changes in exercise, diet and weight gain.
And here are some factors too look out for at your current job:
1. No control. If you aren’t in control, or if you feel like you aren’t in control, stress is going to rise too high. In fact, in many other areas of life, a lack of control is directly related to heightened stress hormones which can lead to more upper arm fat.
2. Tension. Does your neck get stiff? Do you feel tense? Uptight? Too much tension in the workplace is a recipe for disaster. Seek out a more comfortable environment within your workplace. If this isn’t possible, you may want to start looking…
3. Clarity of given tasks. If the work you are supposed to do is unclear, stress will rise. Ask your superiors for more clearly defined work. State how your productivity will increase and never point fingers. After all, finger pointing will only increase work-related stress.
4. Job status. If you have a higher position within your company, you are more likely to be healthier. And if you can’t reach the top rungs at your workplace, seek out activities outside of work in which you can have a dominant role.
5. Having a mono-identity. Don’t let your work define who you are. When things are going good you will feel good. But anytime something goes bad you will get flooded with all those stress hormones. Subjecting yourself to this emotional roller coaster is unnecessary.
I would like to point out that there is only so much you can do. If you find that your workplace is simply not healthy, then please start taking the necessary steps for a transition. You deserve good health today, not tomorrow. And you just might find that the upper arm fat melts like butter!
Get free and valuable information on the top toning exercises for upper arms immediately by going to Katherine Crawford’s M.S. website Sleeveless in 7. And unearth how to get sexy and lean arms in no time by visiting her blog about arm toning right now!