Have you ever considered how your personal expectations influence what you accomplish? By simply raising your expectations you can accomplish much more. The trick is to know how to push yourself further without going over the edge.
Why raise your expectations?
Depending on your current situation in life, you might be wondering why you’d want to increase your expectations. If you expect more then you’ll also push yourself to achieve more.
Can you think of a time when you didn’t expect anything out of a situation. I’ll bet you were neither fulfilled or unhappy with the result because you didn’t really care.
It’s true that having greater expectations can open you up and make you more at risk of getting things wrong but at the same time your potential rewards are greater. Just remember that when you get things wrong you get the chance to learn how not to do it, use this experience to change your approach and give you a better chance of success.
Here are some excellent ways to raise your expectations of yourself:
1. Do difficult things. Pushing your limits can only be achieved by doing difficult things. You might not find success right away, but when you do, it can be the starting place for doing even bigger and better things in the future.
2. Expand your comfort zone. Staying comfortable is another way of continually playing it safe. When you expand your comfort zone, you open yourself up to new and exciting things. You’ll then come to expect more from yourself just because you’re comfortable with more.
3. Challenge yourself. Set yourself up with a specific challenge and share this with someone else. If you’ve publicly declared to do something, you pretty much have to do it!
4. Take a survival course. Taking a survival course can show you how to get back to the basics. These courses are not just about basic survival, they can also teach you about yourself. You can learn more about your abilities and strengths, and then continue to challenge yourself in the future.
5. Learn new things. Work on being a more open and adaptable person. When you do, you may find that new experiences and situations simply fall into your lap. It’s an easy way of broadening your horizons, and with new knowledge and skills under your belt, you’ll be able to raise the expectations of what you can do.
Higher expectations will also help raise your self-esteem. What you think you can achieve is very important because it decides what you will achieve. When you raise the bar, you enable yourself to do more and be more than before.
Always remember how powerful your thoughts are. As you make the effort to raise your expectations, you are also strengthening your abilities and self-worth. See yourself in a positive light and you’ll be better prepared and able to achieve your goals.
Try these techniques to help you get what you want by raising your own expectations, and enjoy the increased self-worth and fulfilment that come with achieving great things!
Karl Rogan has spent over a decade researching insights and techniques to help you get what you want. Make sure you check his no BS guide to Self Improvement, and his Self Improvement Training Club for more great tips. Grab a totally unique version of this article from the Uber Article Directory