There is a surplus of information on how to eat right and how to get in shape. Yet rates of obesity keep on increasing.
Unfortunately, I believe the main culprit here is an inability to control lasting behavior changes. After all, it’s not knowing about diet and exercise, it’s about knowing how to implement diet and exercise day in and day out.
So here is how to conquer the psychological aspect of weight loss:
1. Define goals with crystal clarity: If you have amorphous goals, your behavior is more likely to be amorphous as well. The more defined your goals are, the faster you will reach them. So make sure you have very clear and defined goals so that you don’t stray from your path.
2. Measure your progress: You don’t have to have a complex system here. Simple waist measurements will suffice here. Just make sure you track something reliable that way you can assess whether or not your program is working and you can stay motivated.
3. Make your goal very big: Big thinking leads to big action. A small goal will lead to small motivation, but a big goal will lead to massive motivation. So dream, just like you used to when you were a child. Having a big goal is the best gift you can give yourself.
4. Be very careful about whipping yourself: In other words, use something positive as a motivating tool. And never use the avoidance of something negative as a source of motivation. You see, trying to avoid the negative leads to mental and subsequent physical burnout.
5. Have a time limit: Without a time limit, your dreams will remain just that, dreams. Deadlines are extremely effective because they force you to focus on the most important elements. Moreover, a deadline will prevent the dreaded feeling of never-ending effort.
Learning how to master your motivation doesn’t require herculean effort. It requires a sound strategy for behavior change. And remember that the most important ingredient here is taking action!
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness physiologist and recent arm fat sufferer, teaches women how to get slim arms swiftly. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website about how to shake weight with sound principles now!